Information on the Entry into Laos
A Laos Visa is needed by most tourists and business people to stay in Laos. Citizens of 45 nations are under certain conditions exempt from the obligation to enter Laos with a Visa.
For a Laos Visa the passport must still be valid for six months on the date of entry. A Tourist Visa for Laos is valid for 3 months, will be according to the entry requirements of Laos issued for a stay of up to one month and can not be renewed. The Tourist Visa for Laos can be applyed on Arrival, ie at border crossing or in advance at the Laotian Diplomatic Missions Abroad. ... continue reading
A Laos Visitor Visa is equivalent to a Tourist Visa and also valid for 3 months. It entitles to a one-month stay in Laos but may be extended. For a Laos Visitor Visa, the travel confirmation of a Laotian organizer is required as proof. Such proof shall be provided by the Laos authorities to the consular departments of the Laos Embassies or to the respective border check point.
A Business Visa for Laos will also be issued for a one-month stay, but may be extended for up to one year. For a Laos Business Visa, the reference of a Lao business partner is required as proof of supporting. This endorsement will be transmitted by the Laos authorities on site to the consular departments at the embassies of the Lao Foreign Ministry or to the border crossing.
For both the Visitor Visa and Business Visa Laos, the required documents must be requested in advance.
- Laos Visa Exemption for Holders of Ordinary Passports
- Laos Visa Exemption for Holders of Diplomatic Passports
- Laos Visa Exemption for Holders of Official Passports
- the B3-Class: the Laos Visa for Visitors
- the C-B1-Class: the Laos Courtesy Visa
- the D-A1-Class: the Laos Visa for Diplomats
- the E-B2-Class: the Laos Visa for Experts
- the LA-B2-Class: the Laos Work Visa
- the M-B2-Class: the Laos Visa for Journalists
- the NI-B2-Class: the Laos Business Visa
- the NI-B3-Class: the Laos Visa for Non-Immigrants
- the S-A2-Class: the Official Laos Visa
- the ST-B2-Class: the Laos Student Visa
- the T-B3-Class: the Laos Tourist Visa
- the TR-B3-Class: the Laos Transit Visa
- the Laos Visa for Children
- Fees Laos Visa on Arrival
- KostenFees Laos Visa at Embassies
- Fees for Extension Laos Visa
- Fees on Exceeding the Validity of Laos Visa
- Visa Extension Laos B3-Class
- Visa Extension Laos A1-Class and A2-Class
- Visa Extension Laos B1-Class
- Visa Extension Laos B2-Class
- Exceeding the Validity Period of Laos Visa
- Foreign Representatives Laos in America, Europe and at the Middle East
- Foreign Representatives Laos in Asia and Overseas